Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Numbers

UPDATE January 1st,

Should read "we lost ten people". In my blurry eyed confusion I missed one on the spreadsheet. The most senior bumped person from IAD is still April 1991.

Hello All,

Sorry for the delay in this report. The reason for the delay was that the count went on into the early AM EST. As soon as the preliminary count was finished I called back but the afternoon shift had left and there was no one answering the phones. After the count I jumped on the red eye and had no chance to get to a computer until this morning. Most of the affected members were emailed at that point. Unfortunately we lost nine people in the secondary round. The seniority went back to 1991.

There were 28 openings at IAD when it was all said and done. These openings were filled quickly by people from all over the country. I was surprised by the large number of people willing to follow the job. We have several people coming from the west coast.

I am waiting for a final count that may change slightly due to voluntary furloughs, but I was unaware of any requests from IAD.

That's all for now,
Bob