Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Update

I know information has been sparse on the site lately. Much of that it is due to a lot of travel with little internet access.

Last week there was a JBA west session in San Francisco. Three grievances were heard at this session. There were two discharges and one language case. There are no final decisions at this time. I was able to attend the SFO day shift craft meeting with Clacy Griswold. It was a pleasure meeting many of you and look forward to doing it again sometime in the future.

Yesterday I attended the Local 210 business meeting in New York. There was much discussion regarding the merger, the upcoming ratification vote, and future elections this merger will generate as well as discussions regarding other representational elections that may occur soon in the airline industry. On a side note a GPS is almost required going into the city. Instead of going through the Holland tunnels I went across the Verrazano Bridge into Brooklyn like I was going to JFK. Thanks to Larry Calhoun and Allen Cosides for getting me the proper directions.

I will try to get an official report out later this week. As you may know negotiations were postponed this week and will resume next week in San Francisco.

That's all for now,

Bob