Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Weekly report 5-31-10

General Information

Thank you to all the Veterans that served to protect our freedoms. I hope you all had a good Memorial Day.

Last week was very busy. Here is a report on the Senate Subcommittee meeting that I attended on Thursday.

Tom Reid sent me a report of a TIMCO mechanic fatality in GSO. The preliminary report seems to point to an equipment failure of the tail stand possibly having no safety stops on an extension. When the mechanic pulled out the extension it went all the way out, and he went with it. Please be careful out there and check your equipment.

MM

We are still waiting for the Company to fulfill its promise of a local JBA settlement. The Company gave partial settlement but has yet to provide back pay.

I was asked about Inspectors on EFS last week. Without having my CBA available I gave an incorrect answer. I gave the answer as I remembered it from our former local OT rules. However, absent a local rule, and using the plain English translation of LOA 69-1, Inspectors will be asked by the low overtime hours amongst all qualified employees. For Dulles, this is also borne out by the fact that we don't have separate OT lists for the premium classifications. I apologize to those of you affected by my incorrect interpretation.

GQ

There is nothing to report this week for the GQ shop

PV

Several first step complaints are in the process of being paid according to Supervisor Dave Hunter.

There was a Labor Management meeting on Wednesday and I was given a verbal that the outsourcing grievances for the shop will be denied. I was told verbally that a grievance for someone out of the craft doing our work has been sustained. Brandon and I also discussed the ongoing OT and vacation issues in the shop.

That's all for now,

Bob