Search This Blog

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Employee Free Choice Act

While surfing the net I came across an ad describing the destructiveness of the EFCA. Here is a link to where the ad led. It really made my blood boil when I read that website. Basically the site deals with how to keep your workplace union free, the problems that will ensue if the EFCA is passed, and sells kits and information for companies to use during union campaigns.

For those that feel the EFCA legislation does not pertain to them, I would ask are the MRO's that the company outsources our work to non-union? The answer is of course. We have to be allowed the opportunity to organize the unorganized in this industry or we will eventually be totally crushed. I understand that many of you feel we already are destroyed as a profession. While I understand that feeling I think we can return to better times.

This legislation is a huge step in re-securing our former status and I would ask that you support it. An action item has been put on the "Teamsters Take Action" page. All you have to do is fill out your name and address, hit send, and your legislators are notified of your position instantly. Please take the time to do this for yours as well as the rest of the labor forces' future.

Bob