Search This Blog

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Weekly Report 8-16-08

This week I turned over a few safety issues to Tom after his return from vacation. These include the concrete dust and breaking into lav lines along with a couple other issues.

There have been a few incidents over the last couple of months involving members having problems with each other. So far these have all been addressed at the lowest possible level. In this stressful environment I expect this will continue. My advice is if you start feeling angry or frustrated, remove yourself from the situation or if that's not possible try counting to ten before you say anything. This is important because if the company has to get involved they tend to walk off all parties involved and let the Union fight for the members jobs.

This week in MM the vacancy bypass grievance was elevated to second step. Also it appears that our numbers will increase this fall due to increased overnight work.

For GQ/PV I talked to Mark regarding staffing levels in the shops. At this time for GQ staffing appears correct and PV is down one. I also addressed the DAT calling issue and will visit PV to talk to the crews about what I was told.

The Business Agents for all locals met this week regarding UAL. When I have information on this meeting I will pass it on.

Rumors are floating about people receiving notices of furlough. I'm sure these rumors are true, but I do not have solid numbers yet.

I have received a copy of the system seniority list from Bob Luciano this week, along with a copy of the voluntary furlough letter.

That's all for this week,
Bob