Search This Blog

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Weekly Report 7-19-08

This week the price of oil dropped quite a bit. Hopefully this trend continues. In the meantime please continue to write your representatives requesting relief from these high oil prices. This week in the Senate S.3268 was introduced by Harry Reid and there are now twelve co-sponsors. The Teamsters are seeking quick action on this bill. Here is a link to the press release http://www.teamster.org/08news/nr_080716_1.asp.



There was some bad news from American yesterday. They are laying off 1500 people in the maintenance division. 1300 of those are mechanics. Here is the link to the story http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080718/american_airlines_jobs.html?.v=2. As for us, I still have received no official numbers.


In MM this week I was informed the ten hour day schedule continues to be productive. I was told all goals are being exceeded.


In GQ/PV I was unable to resolve the vacation and day off calling issue as Mark Reins was on vacation. A meeting was requested by the PV mechanics to have all of their Management present to discuss this issue. I will set this up as soon as possible.


This week shop steward training occurred. Bob Luciano was in town for this training as well as to meet with the members. His time to visit with members was somewhat limited this time as we finalized plans for the training.


I will be out of the office until July 28th. I will be checking my e-mail if you need to reach me.


That's all for this week,

Bob